is a topic covered in the Pocket ICU Management
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First
- Evaluate need for airway.
- Evaluate need for supplemental oxygen or support of breathing.
- Evaluate and support circulation.
- Focus on identifying specific bacteria.
- Localize the site of primary infection.
- Obtain cultures and quickly start antibiotics.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --