is a topic covered in the Pocket ICU Management
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- Identify dissection vs. transection.
- Perform ABCDEs for all traumatic injuries of the aorta.
- Primary and secondary survey to identify and catalog all other associated injuries
- For aortic dissection, identify acute vs. chronic.
- Hemodynamically stable vs. unstable
- Famous victims:
- King George II of Great Britain
- Liese Prokop, Austrian Interior Minister and Olympic silver medalist
- Lucille Ball, actress
- Ted Bessell, actor
- Flo Hyman, volleyball player
- Jonathan Larson, composer of Rent
- John Ritter, actor
- Richard Biggs, actor
- Mike Wieringo, American comic book artist
- Jim Murray, American sportswriter, Los Angeles Times, 1961-1998
- Dr. Michael E. DeBakey
- Devised the surgery to correct aortic dissection and many other cardiovascular and vascular techniques
- Noted to be the oldest patient ever to receive his own operation
- He was 97 at the time of surgery on Feb. 9/10, 2006.
- He survived and had severe myopathy from deconditioning; with help from physical therapists. he was able to return to a full day’s work until his death from natural causes on July 11, 2008.
- Daniel Dennett, American philosopher
- Gerard Houllier, former manager of Liverpool Football Club and Olympique Lyonnais
- Jose Miguel Arroyo, spouse of Philippine President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --