Infectious Diseases and Infection Control in Anesthesia - Introduction
I. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that in the United States, there are approximately 1.7 million nosocomial infections per year which cause or contribute to 99,000 deaths per year. In addition to the morbidity and mortality, these complications cost billions of dollars annually.
- Infection Control Responsibilities of Anesthesia Providers
- Participate in infection control to prevent transmission of infectious agents between patients and between patients and operating room (OR) personnel.
- Prevent or avoid infectious complications associated with anesthetics procedures such as central venous catheter (CVC) insertion and epidural placement.
- Participate in prevention of surgical wound infections and antibiotic stewardship with timely and appropriate perioperative antibiotic selection.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Pino, Richard M., editor. "Infectious Diseases and Infection Control in Anesthesia - Introduction." Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, 9th ed., Wolters Kluwer, 2019. Anesthesia Central, anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/ClinicalAnesthesiaProcedures/728162/all/Infectious_Diseases_and_Infection_Control_in_Anesthesia___Introduction.
Infectious Diseases and Infection Control in Anesthesia - Introduction. In: Pino RMR, ed. Clinical Anesthesia Procedures. Wolters Kluwer; 2019. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/ClinicalAnesthesiaProcedures/728162/all/Infectious_Diseases_and_Infection_Control_in_Anesthesia___Introduction. Accessed June 3, 2023.
Infectious Diseases and Infection Control in Anesthesia - Introduction. (2019). In Pino, R. M. (Ed.), Clinical Anesthesia Procedures (9th ed.). Wolters Kluwer. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/ClinicalAnesthesiaProcedures/728162/all/Infectious_Diseases_and_Infection_Control_in_Anesthesia___Introduction
Infectious Diseases and Infection Control in Anesthesia - Introduction [Internet]. In: Pino RMR, editors. Clinical Anesthesia Procedures. Wolters Kluwer; 2019. [cited 2023 June 03]. Available from: https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/ClinicalAnesthesiaProcedures/728162/all/Infectious_Diseases_and_Infection_Control_in_Anesthesia___Introduction.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Infectious Diseases and Infection Control in Anesthesia - Introduction ID - 728162 ED - Pino,Richard M, BT - Clinical Anesthesia Procedures UR - https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/ClinicalAnesthesiaProcedures/728162/all/Infectious_Diseases_and_Infection_Control_in_Anesthesia___Introduction PB - Wolters Kluwer ET - 9 DB - Anesthesia Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -