COPD and Asthma
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First
- Assess need for early non-invasive or invasive ventilation.
- Ensure adequate ventilation and oxygenation.
- Signs of impending respiratory failure:
- Unable to talk in full sentences
- Accessory muscle use
- Thoracoabdominal paradox
- Severe acidosis, hypoxemia