Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- Does pt have a pacemaker?
- What kind?
- After hours, call device reps for assistance:
- Guidant/Boston Scientific: 1-800-227-3422
- Medtronic: 1-800-878-5616
- St. Jude Medical: 1-800-722-3423
- Does pt need a temporary pacemaker?
- Symptomatic bradycardia unresponsive to meds
- Does pt need a permanent pacemaker?