ICU Rounds Checklist
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- The modern ICU is a hazardous, complex environment where iatrogenic events are common.
- The use of checklists in other hazardous industries reduces systematic error and improves safety.
- The content of ICU checklists is often the product of local discussion and less commonly evidence-based.
- Developing systems that support the implementation of a checklist is essential to its success.
- A multidisciplinary approach to implementation improves compliance and efficacy.