Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- A wide spectrum of biliary tract diseases can be seen in the ICU.
- Presentations can range from mildly abnormal blood chemistries (i.e., usually liver function tests)
- Biliary diseases can complicate other ICU admission diagnoses.
- History of cholelithiasis?
- History of hepatic disease?
- Is the patient septic?
- Are there signs of biliary obstruction that might require urgent biliary decompression?
- Is there support for urgent surgical or endoscopic intervention?