Renal Transplantation, Immediate Postoperative Care
is a topic covered in the Pocket ICU Management
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess and treat for the following)
- Hemodynamic and respiratory management
- Transfer living donor or recipient to monitored setting.
- Assess ETT placement and attempt early extubation if not already done in PACU.
- Follow BP, pulse, respiration, temperature, urine output q1h for 6 hours then q8h if stable, weight q am.
- CBC, glucose, electrolytes, BUN, creatinine, albumin, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium immediately postop and q am
- Do not give K boluses to patients in ATN. Beware of rapidly rising K after surgery in ATN/anuria.
- Urine output hourly as long as patient on urine replacement, thereafter q4h. Urine catheter out postop day 4.
- B&O suppositories q4h prn for bladder spasms
- Continue TED hose and compression stockings until patient is mobile.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: April 30, 2010
"Renal Transplantation, Immediate Postoperative Care." Pocket ICU Management, PocketMedicine.com, Inc, 2010. Anesthesia Central, anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534028/all/Renal_Transplantation__Immediate_Postoperative_Care.
Renal Transplantation, Immediate Postoperative Care. Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534028/all/Renal_Transplantation__Immediate_Postoperative_Care. Accessed October 22, 2019.
Renal Transplantation, Immediate Postoperative Care. (2010). In Pocket ICU Management. Available from https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534028/all/Renal_Transplantation__Immediate_Postoperative_Care
Renal Transplantation, Immediate Postoperative Care [Internet]. In: Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. [cited 2019 October 22]. Available from: https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534028/all/Renal_Transplantation__Immediate_Postoperative_Care.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Renal Transplantation, Immediate Postoperative Care
ID - 534028
Y1 - 2010/04/30/
BT - Pocket ICU Management
UR - https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534028/all/Renal_Transplantation__Immediate_Postoperative_Care
PB - PocketMedicine.com, Inc
DB - Anesthesia Central
DP - Unbound Medicine