is a topic covered in the Pocket ICU Management
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- Keep in mind: diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) & hyperglycemic hyperosmolar syndrome (HHS) or hyperosmolar nonketotic syndrome (HONK) occur in their pure forms as well as in combination anywhere along the spectrum between the two.
- Is pt obtunded?
- Does pt need airway protection?
- Does pt have evidence of shock or hypotension?
- If so, in addition to severe dehydration, consider sepsis, MI or PE.
- Is there clear evidence of a contributing cause (MI, infection, trauma, etc.) that requires immediate, simultaneous attention?
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: May 5, 2010
"Diabetes Mellitus." Pocket ICU Management, PocketMedicine.com, Inc, 2010. Anesthesia Central, anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534036/all/Diabetes_Mellitus.
Diabetes Mellitus. Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534036/all/Diabetes_Mellitus. Accessed April 20, 2019.
Diabetes Mellitus. (2010). In Pocket ICU Management. Available from https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534036/all/Diabetes_Mellitus
Diabetes Mellitus [Internet]. In: Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. [cited 2019 April 20]. Available from: https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534036/all/Diabetes_Mellitus.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Diabetes Mellitus
ID - 534036
Y1 - 2010/05/05/
BT - Pocket ICU Management
UR - https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534036/all/Diabetes_Mellitus
PB - PocketMedicine.com, Inc
DB - Anesthesia Central
DP - Unbound Medicine