Subarachnoid Hemorrhage (SAH)
is a topic covered in the Pocket ICU Management
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- Check level of consciousness; determine airway patency and risk of aspiration.
- Secure airway (i.e., intubate) if GCS is < 8; also consider early intubation if GCS is initially better but worsening.
- Obtain a non-contrast CT scan of the head as soon as the patient is stable.
- Monitor BP closely. Once presence of SAH is established, treat hypertension aggressively to limit further bleeding, until controlled by surgical clip or other intervention.
- Maintain normocapnia and adequate oxygenation in intubated and mechanically ventilated patient.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: May 5, 2010
"Subarachnoid Hemorrhage (SAH)." Pocket ICU Management, PocketMedicine.com, Inc, 2010. Anesthesia Central, anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534044/all/Subarachnoid_Hemorrhage__SAH_.
Subarachnoid Hemorrhage (SAH). Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534044/all/Subarachnoid_Hemorrhage__SAH_. Accessed April 19, 2019.
Subarachnoid Hemorrhage (SAH). (2010). In Pocket ICU Management. Available from https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534044/all/Subarachnoid_Hemorrhage__SAH_
Subarachnoid Hemorrhage (SAH) [Internet]. In: Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. [cited 2019 April 19]. Available from: https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534044/all/Subarachnoid_Hemorrhage__SAH_.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Subarachnoid Hemorrhage (SAH)
ID - 534044
Y1 - 2010/05/05/
BT - Pocket ICU Management
UR - https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534044/all/Subarachnoid_Hemorrhage__SAH_
PB - PocketMedicine.com, Inc
DB - Anesthesia Central
DP - Unbound Medicine