Generalized Bleeding, Coagulopathy and Transfusion Medicine
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- Assess airway, breathing.
- Assess circulation.
- If pt is unstable, resuscitate pt while investigating cause & treating coagulopathy.
- Send coagulation studies.
- Call blood bank early for help & advice.
- Type and cross-match blood and keep ahead if time allows.
- Follow massive transfusion policy if one is in place.
- O-negative blood for women of childbearing age