Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- Attend to ABCs as first priority
- Is the airway patent?
- Is intubation needed for work of breathing, altered level of consciousness or hypoxemia?
- What is the cardiac rhythm and is the patient perfusing?
- Is the patient hypothermic?
- Associated medical conditions, injuries or ingestions