First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- Attend to ABCs as first priority
- Is the airway patent?
- Is intubation needed for work of breathing, altered level of consciousness or hypoxemia?
- What is the cardiac rhythm and is the patient perfusing?
- Is the patient hypothermic?
- Associated medical conditions, injuries or ingestions
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Last updated: May 7, 2010
"Near Drowning." Pocket ICU Management, PocketMedicine.com, Inc, 2010. Anesthesia Central, anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534048/all/Near_Drowning.
Near Drowning. Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534048/all/Near_Drowning. Accessed May 28, 2023.
Near Drowning. (2010). In Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534048/all/Near_Drowning
Near Drowning [Internet]. In: Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. [cited 2023 May 28]. Available from: https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534048/all/Near_Drowning.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Near Drowning ID - 534048 Y1 - 2010/05/07/ BT - Pocket ICU Management UR - https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534048/all/Near_Drowning PB - PocketMedicine.com, Inc DB - Anesthesia Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -