Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- Is the patient immunosuppressed?
- Could this be bioterrorism?
- Could this be an epidemic?
- Consider contacting local and state health departments as well as CPC for epidemic/bioterrorism.
- Early infectious disease consultation
- Consider antiviral therapy.
- Contact CDC for suspected smallpox infection.