First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- Is the patient immunosuppressed?
- Could this be bioterrorism?
- Could this be an epidemic?
- Consider contacting local and state health departments as well as CPC for epidemic/bioterrorism.
- Early infectious disease consultation
- Consider antiviral therapy.
- Contact CDC for suspected smallpox infection.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Last updated: May 16, 2010
"Viral Infections." Pocket ICU Management, PocketMedicine.com, Inc, 2010. Anesthesia Central, anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534059/all/Viral_Infections.
Viral Infections. Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534059/all/Viral_Infections. Accessed June 7, 2023.
Viral Infections. (2010). In Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534059/all/Viral_Infections
Viral Infections [Internet]. In: Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. [cited 2023 June 07]. Available from: https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534059/all/Viral_Infections.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Viral Infections ID - 534059 Y1 - 2010/05/16/ BT - Pocket ICU Management UR - https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534059/all/Viral_Infections PB - PocketMedicine.com, Inc DB - Anesthesia Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -