Pancreatic Transplant, Immediate Postoperative Care
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- Airway, breathing, circulation, cognition and deficit (neurologic)
- Disposition of patient is determined by evaluation of patient in recovery room.
- Factors that influence decision to admit to ICU
- Hemodynamic status
- Presence of active bleeding
- Postop reversibility of anesthetic effect and neurologic status
- Presence of active cardiopulmonary comorbidities (many diabetic patients have underlying cardiac disease)
- Ability to manage insulin drip on ward or in ICU
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.