is a topic covered in the Pocket ICU Management
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First
- Cyanosis in the face of normal PaO2 is key item.
- Tissue dysoxia and hypoxia cause the deleterious signs/symptoms seen.
- This state causes significant tissue hypoxia, cyanosis and oxidative stress.
- This stressful oxidative state can also lead to hemolysis.
- Supportive treatment
- High-concentration FiO2 to saturate remaining normal HgG
- In symptomatic pts, consider methylene blue (see below).
- Most patients respond within 15-30 minutes.
- Poison control is a good resource for management.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: May 9, 2010
"Methemoglobinemia." Pocket ICU Management, PocketMedicine.com, Inc, 2010. Anesthesia Central, anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534069/all/Methemoglobinemia.
Methemoglobinemia. Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534069/all/Methemoglobinemia. Accessed April 18, 2019.
Methemoglobinemia. (2010). In Pocket ICU Management. Available from https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534069/all/Methemoglobinemia
Methemoglobinemia [Internet]. In: Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. [cited 2019 April 18]. Available from: https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534069/all/Methemoglobinemia.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Methemoglobinemia
ID - 534069
Y1 - 2010/05/09/
BT - Pocket ICU Management
UR - https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534069/all/Methemoglobinemia
PB - PocketMedicine.com, Inc
DB - Anesthesia Central
DP - Unbound Medicine