Blood Products, Complications of Use
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- Stop transfusion as soon as signs and symptoms of transfusion reaction appear.
- Make sure the patient is receiving the correct product.
- Visual inspection of recipient’s plasma
- Stop blood transfusion and transfer patient to ICU
- Airway, breathing and circulation (hemodynamic management)
- Crystalloid resuscitation
- Epinephrine, antihistamines and steroids