Bone Marrow Transplantation, Immediate Postoperative Care
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- Attend to the ABCs as the first priority.
- The goal is to support the patient enough for the transplant to take and production of cell lineages.
- Complications are significant, and 11-40% of transplant patients will require intensive care.
- Of these patients, 60% will require mechanical ventilation.
- Strict hand hygiene and infectious precautions are imperative.