Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- Did pt experience blunt or penetrating trauma?
- Is pt unstable?
- Is the airway intact (A)?
- Tension pneumothorax (B)
- Massive air leak/embolism (B)
- Cardiac tamponade (C)
- Hypovolemia from hemorrhage (C)
- Acute cardiogenic shock (rare) (C)
- Does pt have a concurrent MI? (C)
- Evaluate disability for concomitant head injury (D).