Intracerebral Hemorrhage (ICH)
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- Check level of consciousness.
- Secure the airway if obstruction and/or aspiration is imminent or suspected.
- Monitor and manage blood pressure (as this is commonly the precipitating factor for ICH).
- Upon stabilization of ABCs, obtain a non-contrast CT scan of the brain.
- Correct any known coagulopathy.