Acute Interstitial Nephritis
is a topic covered in the Pocket ICU Management
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
Suspect AIN if:
- There is an acute rise in the plasma creatinine concentration temporally related to an offending drug or infection.
- Triad of fever, rash and eosinophilia may be present (except in NSAID-induced AIN).
- Urine sediment that usually reveals white cells, red cells, white cell casts
- Eosinophilia & eosinophiluria in >75% of cases, w/ the exception of disease induced by NSAIDs
- Normal or only mildly increased protein excretion (< 1 g/day). Concurrent nephritic syndrome due to minimal change disease is often seen w/ NSAIDs & in selected cases induced by ampicillin, rifampin, interferon or ranitidine.
- Signs of tubulointerstitial damage such as Fanconi syndrome & renal tubular acidosis
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: April 15, 2010
"Acute Interstitial Nephritis." Pocket ICU Management, PocketMedicine.com, Inc, 2010. Anesthesia Central, anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534117/all/Acute_Interstitial_Nephritis.
Acute Interstitial Nephritis. Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534117/all/Acute_Interstitial_Nephritis. Accessed October 13, 2019.
Acute Interstitial Nephritis. (2010). In Pocket ICU Management. Available from https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534117/all/Acute_Interstitial_Nephritis
Acute Interstitial Nephritis [Internet]. In: Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. [cited 2019 October 13]. Available from: https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534117/all/Acute_Interstitial_Nephritis.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Acute Interstitial Nephritis
ID - 534117
Y1 - 2010/04/15/
BT - Pocket ICU Management
UR - https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534117/all/Acute_Interstitial_Nephritis
PB - PocketMedicine.com, Inc
DB - Anesthesia Central
DP - Unbound Medicine