Tricyclic Antidepressant Overdose
is a topic covered in the Pocket ICU Management
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess for and treat the following)
- ABCs are priority!
- Mental status may deteriorate; pts may need intubation.
- Cardiovascular monitoring for and treatment of life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias
- Refractory hypotension is the most common cause of death in TCA overdose; IV fluid resuscitation should be initiated and adequate IV access obtained.
- Activated charcoal should be administered for decontamination.
- Alkalinization with sodium bicarbonate is a cornerstone of therapy, especially if QRS >100 ms and pt has wide complex tachycardia or hypotension.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: May 16, 2010
"Tricyclic Antidepressant Overdose." Pocket ICU Management, PocketMedicine.com, Inc, 2010. Anesthesia Central, anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534128/all/Tricyclic_Antidepressant_Overdose.
Tricyclic Antidepressant Overdose. Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534128/all/Tricyclic_Antidepressant_Overdose. Accessed April 21, 2019.
Tricyclic Antidepressant Overdose. (2010). In Pocket ICU Management. Available from https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534128/all/Tricyclic_Antidepressant_Overdose
Tricyclic Antidepressant Overdose [Internet]. In: Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. [cited 2019 April 21]. Available from: https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534128/all/Tricyclic_Antidepressant_Overdose.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Tricyclic Antidepressant Overdose
ID - 534128
Y1 - 2010/05/16/
BT - Pocket ICU Management
UR - https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534128/all/Tricyclic_Antidepressant_Overdose
PB - PocketMedicine.com, Inc
DB - Anesthesia Central
DP - Unbound Medicine