Valve Heart Disease
is a topic covered in the Pocket ICU Management
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- What type of lesion is it? The pathophysiology and natural history of valvular heart disease is primarily determined by the type of loading condition of pressure overload vs. volume overload.
- Consider the consequences of a valve lesion on following determinants of myocardial performance:
- Ventricular compliance and preload
- Heart rate and rhythm
- LV and RV systolic function
- Myocardial oxygen consumption for mechanical work is greater for pressure work ( isovolumic contraction) than volume work (ejection).
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: May 16, 2010
"Valve Heart Disease." Pocket ICU Management, PocketMedicine.com, Inc, 2010. Anesthesia Central, anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534166/all/Valve_Heart_Disease.
Valve Heart Disease. Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534166/all/Valve_Heart_Disease. Accessed April 18, 2019.
Valve Heart Disease. (2010). In Pocket ICU Management. Available from https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534166/all/Valve_Heart_Disease
Valve Heart Disease [Internet]. In: Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. [cited 2019 April 18]. Available from: https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534166/all/Valve_Heart_Disease.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Valve Heart Disease
ID - 534166
Y1 - 2010/05/16/
BT - Pocket ICU Management
UR - https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534166/all/Valve_Heart_Disease
PB - PocketMedicine.com, Inc
DB - Anesthesia Central
DP - Unbound Medicine