First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- Indications for acute dialysis
- Volume overload secondary to renal failure
- Certain toxic ingestions
- If there is no acute indication, the timing of dialysis for renal failure is less clear.
- Data do not suggest that maintaining any certain BUN or creatinine level is beneficial.
- The initiation of dialysis should anticipate complications of progressive failure.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.