Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- Indications for acute dialysis
- Volume overload secondary to renal failure
- Certain toxic ingestions
- If there is no acute indication, the timing of dialysis for renal failure is less clear.
- Data do not suggest that maintaining any certain BUN or creatinine level is beneficial.
- The initiation of dialysis should anticipate complications of progressive failure.