Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First
- Candida species act as opportunistic organisms and represent the most common fungal infection in humans.
- Candida disproportionately affects high-risk patients who are either immunocompromised or critically ill.
- Depending on the patient’s immune system, the clinical syndrome to fungal infections can be variable (superficial to invasive).
- Delays in diagnosis and lack of reliable diagnostics available make treating fungal infections difficult.
- Aspergillus infects patients primarily with bone marrow transplantations.