is a topic covered in the Pocket ICU Management
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First
- Candida species act as opportunistic organisms and represent the most common fungal infection in humans.
- Candida disproportionately affects high-risk patients who are either immunocompromised or critically ill.
- Depending on the patient’s immune system, the clinical syndrome to fungal infections can be variable (superficial to invasive).
- Delays in diagnosis and lack of reliable diagnostics available make treating fungal infections difficult.
- Aspergillus infects patients primarily with bone marrow transplantations.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: April 20, 2010
"Fungal Infections." Pocket ICU Management, PocketMedicine.com, Inc, 2010. Anesthesia Central, anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534187/all/Fungal_Infections.
Fungal Infections. Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534187/all/Fungal_Infections. Accessed April 19, 2019.
Fungal Infections. (2010). In Pocket ICU Management. Available from https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534187/all/Fungal_Infections
Fungal Infections [Internet]. In: Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. [cited 2019 April 19]. Available from: https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534187/all/Fungal_Infections.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Fungal Infections
ID - 534187
Y1 - 2010/04/20/
BT - Pocket ICU Management
UR - https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534187/all/Fungal_Infections
PB - PocketMedicine.com, Inc
DB - Anesthesia Central
DP - Unbound Medicine