Care of Patient Following Lung Transplantation
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- Single- vs. double-lumen ETT
- Double-lumen tube (DLT) usually changed to single-lumen one at end of case
- IF DLT remains, there may be concern for airway edema.
- Minimize FiO2, PEEP to keep SaO2 >92%.
- Transplanted lungs are prone to edema.
- Often support with vasoactive drugs is needed.