Care of Patient Following Thoracic Surgery
is a topic covered in the Pocket ICU Management
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First
- Obtain report of surgical procedure and any intraoperative complications.
- Obtain report of intraoperative arterial blood gases (ABG) on single- & double-lung ventilation, and overall fluid balance (intake & output).
- Review history for pulmonary pathology, preoperative pulmonary function test, cardiac function, other organ dysfunction.
- Set initial mechanical ventilation settings along with minimal sedation, if applicable.
- Obtain a portable CXR and ABG to ascertain device placement and gas exchange, respectively.
- Initiate antibiotic coverage, prophylactic and/or therapeutic.
- Determine postoperative analgesic plan.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: April 13, 2010
"Care of Patient Following Thoracic Surgery." Pocket ICU Management, PocketMedicine.com, Inc, 2010. Anesthesia Central, anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534193/all/Care_of_Patient_Following_Thoracic_Surgery.
Care of Patient Following Thoracic Surgery. Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534193/all/Care_of_Patient_Following_Thoracic_Surgery. Accessed November 13, 2019.
Care of Patient Following Thoracic Surgery. (2010). In Pocket ICU Management. Available from https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534193/all/Care_of_Patient_Following_Thoracic_Surgery
Care of Patient Following Thoracic Surgery [Internet]. In: Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. [cited 2019 November 13]. Available from: https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534193/all/Care_of_Patient_Following_Thoracic_Surgery.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Care of Patient Following Thoracic Surgery
ID - 534193
Y1 - 2010/04/13/
BT - Pocket ICU Management
UR - https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534193/all/Care_of_Patient_Following_Thoracic_Surgery
PB - PocketMedicine.com, Inc
DB - Anesthesia Central
DP - Unbound Medicine