is a topic covered in the Pocket ICU Management
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Anesthesia Central is an all-in-one web and mobile solution for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. This collection of drug, procedures and test information is derived from Davis’s Drug, MGH Clinical Anesthesia Procedures, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
First Things First (assess & treat for the following)
- ABCs of trauma evaluation and resuscitation
- Even victims with large cutaneous injury survive the initial insult. Early mortality is related to asphyxia and upper airway swelling. Chemical pneumonitis occurs later.
- Consistent intubation with stridor or hoarseness.
- Hypothermia is due to exposure; cover wounds with clean, dry dressings.
- Overall mortality in hospitalized patients is 5.3%. LD50 70% TBSA.
- 1 day in hospital can be assumed per % TBSA burn.
- 70% of burn patients are male, 60% are Caucasian. 63% of injuries involve < 10% TBSA. 68% of full-thickness burns involve < 10% TBSA.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: April 9, 2010
"Burns." Pocket ICU Management, PocketMedicine.com, Inc, 2010. Anesthesia Central, anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534268/all/Burns.
Burns. Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534268/all/Burns. Accessed October 20, 2019.
Burns. (2010). In Pocket ICU Management. Available from https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534268/all/Burns
Burns [Internet]. In: Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. [cited 2019 October 20]. Available from: https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534268/all/Burns.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Burns
ID - 534268
Y1 - 2010/04/09/
BT - Pocket ICU Management
UR - https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534268/all/Burns
PB - PocketMedicine.com, Inc
DB - Anesthesia Central
DP - Unbound Medicine