First Things First
- Evaluate need for airway.
- Evaluate need for supplemental oxygen or support of breathing.
- Evaluate and support circulation.
- Focus on identifying specific bacteria.
- Localize the site of primary infection.
- Obtain cultures and quickly start antibiotics.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Last updated: April 13, 2010
"Acute Bacteremia." Pocket ICU Management, PocketMedicine.com, Inc, 2010. Anesthesia Central, anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534141/all/Acute_Bacteremia.
Acute Bacteremia. Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534141/all/Acute_Bacteremia. Accessed June 7, 2023.
Acute Bacteremia. (2010). In Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc. https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534141/all/Acute_Bacteremia
Acute Bacteremia [Internet]. In: Pocket ICU Management. PocketMedicine.com, Inc; 2010. [cited 2023 June 07]. Available from: https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534141/all/Acute_Bacteremia.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Acute Bacteremia ID - 534141 Y1 - 2010/04/13/ BT - Pocket ICU Management UR - https://anesth.unboundmedicine.com/anesthesia/view/Pocket-ICU-Management/534141/all/Acute_Bacteremia PB - PocketMedicine.com, Inc DB - Anesthesia Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -